Background

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Card


A while ago- while I was distracted with my scrapbooking effort- one of my blog friends graced me with an unexpected gift.  You might remember Loly.  She was the winner of our first ever blog candy award. You can check out Loly's work at her blog, Card Ville.  I recognized her name in a post at Paper Crafts Connection as a winner.  In part because I like to live vicariously, I promptly jumped over to her blog and posted a comment congratulating her on the win.  She responded graciously offering me one of the prizes.  Apparently Loly already was the proud owner of a set of Stampin’ Up!’s Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Pierce Mat, and Paper-Piercing Tool.  I couldn't let it stop there, so I ended up shopping on the Stampin' Up website. 
Thus, this card was born.  The sentiment frame is made using Loly's gift and the matching frame die I picked up at Stampin' Up.  The sentiment is stamped with Worn Lipstick Distress ink which was also used to color and edge the frame.  I just love how this made a perfect match to my patterned paper which came from the stash- so old that no manufacturing information is printed on it, ha ha.

The medallions were stamped using my Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and the Mosaic Madness stamp set and colored with my Scattered Straw Distress Marker.  The frilly crochet ribbon is a small leftover scrap I picked up at a local ribbon store (can you say ribbon and fiber heaven?).  The bow is made from a piece of white ribbon that I colored using my Worn Lipstick Distress ink.  I used a piece of paper to press the ribbon down onto the stamp pad and colored both sides.  It ended up a little ombre, happy accident!


On the inside I thought to take a page from another blog friend, Karon who blogs over at Karon's Krafty Korner, and decorate the inside.  That little medallion was fussy cut after stamping and coloring.  All papers are edged with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.

I really like how this card turned out.  I wanted a chance to publicly thank Loly for her generosity and let her know how useful I'd found her gift.  Thank you, Loly.  You're one classy, generous lady.

I've linked this card up over at Make It Monday: #154.  They have a weekly Anything Goes challenge just for fun.  It's a great place to go for inspiration and to share your creations.  Check them out.  

I've also linked up to the Creative Corner Challenge: Anything Goes and Word Art Wednesday's: Challenge #94.Come join the fun!






9 comments:

  1. Hi Andie. Great card, and I love the ombre ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie, your card is so elegant. I love how you've used your gift from Loly. I also like the use of the worn lipstick distress ink on the sentiment area. I'm so glad you chose to show this on WAW. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, Andie. I love the colors and the lovely design to your sweet card. Thanks so much for sharing with us, and please stop by again soon to share your talents with us.
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. Feel free to share ALL your art with us this week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Fabulous card. Aren't crafty people the most generous people around? Just love that she gave you her prize. How sweet. Anyway, I spotted your card on MIM. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. What a sweet gift on her part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Andie. Love the medallion stamp and perfect papers. Love the colours and thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very stylish ..LOVE IT .
    thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your card! Every detail makes it superb and thanks for your kind words dear Andie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card! I really like the patterned paper and all the details you've included. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?