Background

Friday, August 23, 2013

Some More Flower Soft Fun



I'd mentioned that Brandy shuffled some duplicate containers of Flower Soft product my way.  One of them was a container of Flower Soft- Spring.  This mixed color Flower Soft is versatile.  I knew just the supplies I wanted to combine to create a card set.

I started these cards with a set of 10 Hallmark gift cards that I'd picked up at a clearance sale.  The entire box cost something like $1.25.  They came with embossed envelopes and were an off-white color.  Next I sought out a La Blanche stamp I'd picked up for a smokin' deal a couple years back.  I've tried to use this stamp a couple times, but my combinations just didn't work and I ended up abandoning the work I began.



These cards started with the framed flowers being stamped with brown Archival ink onto some white cardstock.  Because I was shooting for the antique look, I used my Ink Blending Tool to apply some Scattered Straw Distress ink to the interior of the frame and some Vintage Photo Distress ink to the edges of the frame.  After applying the ink with the blending tool, I fussy cut the frame and colored the flower with either Worn Lipstick or Scattered Straw Distress ink.  I wanted a soft water color ink so I actually smeared the ink pad onto my craft sheet and applied the color with a water pen.





After the images were colored, I used some Glossy Accents to dot thin lines and splotches of glue on the stem and leaves portions of the image and quickly applied some pre-fluffed Flower Soft.  I pre-fluffed the Flower Soft into a kitchen bowl being sure to loosen any clumps that may have existed from the storage container.  After applying the glue, I simply sprinkled the Flower Soft over the bowl and let the extra drop into the bowl.










The sentiments were first die cut using my Tilted Banners Die and then stamped using the Titled Banners Sayings stamps.  They were also colored using Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress inks applied with the Ink Blending Tool.  The sentiments were stamped with brown Archival ink. 

Some green patterned paper was located in the stash and used as a background for the frames, all edged in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I ended up sending a set of 5 of these cards to my Grandma who still does a fair bit of correspondence via the mail.  I thought she might be able to put them to good use.  I kept a set for myself and intend to use them to great effect in my own card sending.


I've linked one of these cards up over at Make It Monday: #154 and Word Art Wednesday's: Challenge #94.  Come join the fun!

8 comments:

  1. sweet, I need to get my hands on Flower Soft - I don't even know what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie,
    These are pretty enough to frame...absolutely gorgeous. Your grandma is going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Andie - these are stunning. So elegant and very vintage looking. Beautiful. Have a fabulous weekend my bloggie friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andie,
    These are timeless beauties, how did you really do it. The colors are BEAUTIFUL.
    Thank you for sharing your God given talents with us by posting in this week’s challenge.
    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beautiful flower image, lovely creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just GORGEOUS, Andie! Thank you for sharing this amazing card in our challenge. It's a blessing to have you share your talents with us, and I thank you for stopping by. Please join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning! Thank you for joining us over at MIM. Hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards. I love the soft look of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?