Background

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering...


Brandy and I are remembering a very fun and exciting online card class- namely Creative Chemistry 101.  This class was taught by none other than the rock star of paper crafting, Tim Holtz, and was hosted by Online Card Classes.  The class is chocked full of fabulous techniques using the Distress Ink product lines.  We've posted projects using those techniques regularly since the class, however, here's a few examples of our class work:

Blend and Spritz technique

Wrinkle Free Distress technique

Water Color Technique with Distress Markers

Nostalgic Batik technique

Rusted Enamel- oooh I've used this one!!!

 
There are many more techniques.  You can find most of them running in the blog history during the months of March and April of 2012.  Check them out.  I believe that if you haven't taken this class, you should consider it.  The Creative Chemistry 101 class can still be viewed and the information read.  It is no longer a dynamic class with Tim dialoging with the students (we were able to post questions in a forum and Tim would answer them to the best of his abilities!!!  Rock star!!!).  However, the techniques and examples he shared are all there- two sets of videos for each of a total 10 lessons.  You have lifetime access to return to the class and review the videos, forum and gallery of student projects.  It's a class that keeps on giving instruction.

So, the really cool news is that they are now offering Creative Chemistry 102.  Students must have previously taken Creative Chemistry 101.  Online Card Classes is offering a $2 discount to students who enroll in Creative Chemistry 101 until October 7th when the 102 class starts.  That makes the 101 class a total of $33 dollars, well worth the instructions provided.  I can only guess that there will be more techniques with some of the supplies added to the Distress Ink line- Distress Paints, Distress Glitter, yummy!  The structure sounds like it will be the same- Tim posting an instructional video (typically 5-15 minutes long) and an inspirational video (same length with Tim doing samples and showing projects he's used the technique on).  Unfortunately, the class is only scheduled to last one week- basically 5 days of instruction.  The whole point of the class was to make tags of samples to be used by you in the future as an example of the technique.  You can see the Smash book of my finished samples here

I've enrolled the 102 class- moving up in my studies.  Won't you join me too?!


I am also remembering this day 12 years ago.  My prayers today are with those families who suffered that day.  May this day be one of remembering good things and honoring losses.








I've been in no way prompted to write this post by anything other than my enthusiasm for the classes.  I am not affiliated with Online Card Classes.  This is simply a friendly opportunity to spread the disease of paper crafting with you.  Consider yourself infected!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome, I will check it out, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to all the fun and sharing beginning Monday! I am always in awe of Tim's energy, and knowledge and his sharing spirit. Since I can't get to a class in person, or attend Ranger U, this is so exciting. Thanks for the visit tonight. Yep, the eye is creepy, something about Halloween makes me make creepy things. Last year I made a drac card for hubby to give but he was too freaked out by the blood splatter, so I gave it to my mom. So funny. See you Monday for some inky good times!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?