Background

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 1- Hawaii Scrapbook Page


Bear with me as I figure out the best method for photographing these pages.  I'm finding scrapbook page photographing to be very different than card photographing.

This page shows a picture right after our very long flight to the islands.  We're all washed out, tired and a little weary.  That's one of the reasons I chose to use my Here Comes the Sun stamp from the now defunct Market Street Stamps. 
I used my Scattered Straw Distress Ink to stamp the sunburst and my Worn Lipstick Distress Ink using a second gen image of the hibiscus flower from Hero Arts Luscious Frames stamp set.  The Hawaii 2008 was printed on the computer, the flower stamped and then circle cut with my Creative Memories circle cutters.  The Day 1 Tired sentiment is a set of rub-on letters from the stash applied to a corner piece of patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes Signature Series.  The flags at the top are scraps from the stash.  The two little die cuts are pieces of my new Heartfelt Creations Ornamental Add On dies.  

Ooohh!  The kids are so young....  I'm linking this project up with the Use It Tuesday Challenge #64- Use Two Hoarded Items.  You'll see how I used a hoarded stamp, some scraps for the flags, some really old rub-ons, and pictures printed in 2009.  Do the pictures count? :)


9 comments:

  1. You guys look excited to be in Hawaii :) I agree, taking pictures of cards is much easier! Sometimes I take my layouts outside to snap a photo. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super lovely page!!!! LOVE LOVE the happy faces!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it my friend! And I'm so excited to see you playing along with UIT. *finally* ;)

    I use a process similar to this one for photographing and editing my layouts, though I rarely go outside to do it I do always make sure that I have good natural lighting. http://scrapbook.steals.com/wp/2013/01/22/how-to-sday-how-to-photograph-and-edit-layouts/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh- thanks for the tip! I'm on it. If I hadn't been so busy, I probably could have googled it, but this is nicer.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful LO, I love the sunburst in the background and the lovely papers! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pic and fabulous LO! It's nice to see the whole family. TFS Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute page! I recognized that MSS sunburst! I love(d) their stamps. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that starburst stamp! So glad you brought it out to use! Glad you could join our Use It Tuesday challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?