Background

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hawaii- Catching up on scrapbooking efforts


I am going to admit to feeling overwhelmed and tired.  I've volunteered for a couple different things this fall and my work has exploded on me this past week.  I know I need crafting more than ever, but I can't seem to squeeze it in like I would like.  Having said that, I am so excited about my current project.  I mentioned I'm getting caught up on some scrapbooking projects and one involves our 2008 trip to Hawaii.  I always intended to make a book and never got around to it.  When I saw the Maggie Holmes Signature Collection with a coordinating wood mini album I realized what I had been waiting for.  This collection is filled with the colors and style that I think of when I think of our trip.  Today I'm sharing the front cover.  I elected to keep it simple and use the

Polaroid fabric frame from the kit to highlight this family picture taken up in the mountains.  We'd stopped at a tourist attraction and thought the view breathtaking.  The doily was fussy cut out of one of the patterned paper from the kit.  The little swirls were die cut using my Floral Flourish and the flower cut using my Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret.  The circle was cut with my ancient (I like saying that, it feels like I'm using my stash!) Creative Memories circle cutters.  I intend to add some fibers and ribbons to the book rings, but will wait for the finished product to do so.  I'm really pleased with the front cover.  I've a photo to take of the first page which I've already done, but haven't had the time to capture the photo.  Maybe things will ease up enough for just a little blogging.  Hope your crafting is contagious, I could use an innoculation.


3 comments:

  1. There's so much to adore about this cover. Let's start with how much it makes me miss Hawaii and then quickly move on to how much I love the doily and the polaroid. So glad that you squeezed in some crafty time in the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful and your front cover is a fabulous start! I love that it is wooden and your choice of photo to top of your album is wonderful! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?