Background

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Little Boy Birthday


My nephew turned 7 last week.  I knew this was coming, but the little boy cards are not the easiest, so I found myself scheduled for a Peter Piper Pizza party and no card.  I've just completely taken a vow that I will not spend money on greeting cards.  No.matter.what.  When you own enough stuff to fill (and then some!) a scrapbox, you have no business spending hard earned cash on cards.  What does it mean to own a scrapbox, you might ask?  Check it out here

So I reached into the scrapbox and found a primary paper stack.  Fun stripes and stars throughout, I simply cut 3/4 in. strips and adhered them to a kraft paper card.  The sentiment came from a Fiskars set I've had for a long time.  I stamped the sentiment with Faded Jeans Distress Ink and then die cut the frame with my Apothecary Accents Framelits.  I left the cut in the die after running through my machine and used my Ink Blending Tool to apply some Faded Jeans Distress Ink to the edges of the tag.  This card doesn't scream 7 year old, but I'm pretty sure the 7 year old doesn't notice a store bought card any more than they notice a hand made card.  The focus (fortunately?) is on the present.  Still, it's a passable card and I had fun making it.  I can claim 20% of eight different 4 x 6 pieced of patterned paper were used up out of the stash.  It sure doesn't seem like I'm going to consume this stuff anytime soon!!  I'm having fun trying!


4 comments:

  1. You and that Scrapbox! You may make a convert out of me yet. As for the card, it's cute and you're right he probably didn't notice. Bet he would have noticed if you'd given him a floral card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - love all the papers. See that you got Honourable mention at The Shabby Tea Room for your Happiest of Birthdays Card - congrats :-) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andie

    do you have an email addy - it's just sometimes I would like to reply to the comments you leave me and don't want to leave a huge message on here LOL!

    mine is karon(dot)hughes(at)gmail(dot)com

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for a little guy! Loving all the fun colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?