Background

Friday, September 6, 2013

A Wedding Shower Card


I had a need for a wedding shower card.  Not knowing the happy couple real well, I stammered for inspiration.  I knew that I was going to include a gift card as the shower is a long distance away.  I wanted to make something appropriately formal for the occasion that was also quite functional.  Thus this card was born.  The black and white paper is from the stash.  It's actually from a friend's stash that she "de-stashed" years ago.  I picked out my favorites and in the stash this matching set of papers stayed until just such an occasion.  The shower invitation sparked the color scheme, black and white with an accent of teal.  I so love the Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret because it has a classic elegance all it's own.  I stamped with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and die cut the layer of flowers.  I used a glue pen to randomly apply a translucent glitter on the petals.  The flower centers were made using a Pearl Pen.  Looking at this close up, I'm wishing I went with a pre-made pearl, but you don't notice the shape of the pearl drop in the overall card.  At least that is what I'm telling my perfectionist self...


The inside was created to provide a little pocket to slide the gift card inside.  I printed the sentiment on the computer and used my Stampin' Up Apothecary Accents framelit die to cut the shape.  The teal mating was fussy cut to match.  Simple, yet functional card that I hope the bride enjoys.  Now, to get working on that wedding celebration card...

I entered this card on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Stamping All-stars.   There's not much time left, but those flowers are a stamping all-star in my stash.  They are a go-to tool when I need pretty!  There's not much time left.  Head on over and join the fun! 


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - so elegant and I love love those flowers. Did you know that Heartfelt Creations are doing a DT call - you and Brandy should apply! TFS and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Andie! The shimmery blossoms look fantastic! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?