Background

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

20 Years of Wedded Bliss


Today is a momentous occasion in the Miller household.  Dan and I celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary today.  Yes, 20 long years ago I started the day at my mom's house. I'd given up on my apartment lease 3 weeks earlier and didn't want to pay for part of a month and move during the end of college and last minute wedding planning rush.  I wasn't particularly nervous, just anxious for things to go swell. 

Twenty years have a way of going by extremely fast.  In my head, I'm not nearly old enough to have been married for 20 years (I would add that I'm much thinner, younger looking and can run considerably faster in my head as well!).  When first married I got into a verbal tif with a coworker who asserted the fact that married life doesn't have to change you.  Her position was that having lived with her boyfriend for many years, she felt it wouldn't change anything to be married.  I'd give a ton of bricks to find out what she thinks all these years later...

I can say one thing that hasn't changed- my love for my dear husband.  The sentiment on this card says it all- he is the one on this Earth that my soul loves and has loved now for more than 20 years.  Even if there are days where I'd like to back up and take a running start at him (which is doomed to failure because I am only faster in my head!)...

Happy Anniversary, husband!  I love you!








The card was made with my Heartfelt Creations Posy stamp and die set.  The squares of white cardstock and each flower were colored using a Fantastik and my Peacock Feathers and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks.  The sentiment is the same used for the bridal shower card last month that I printed out using Word.

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. Happy 20th. We will hit that this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! And congrats on the big milestone. It must have been a good day to marry because I have another friend who is celebrating 20-year anniversary today too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card. Love the pop of blue.
    Congrats on 20 wonderful years. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both, congratulations on your fabulous 20th!

    Love the card, such pretty flowers and what a wonderful sentiment.

    Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?