Background

Monday, June 3, 2013

Homemade Wedding Celebration Card


I've mentioned a couple of times on the blog about my cousin's kid getting married.  This card was created for her and her handsome groom.  I knew that I wanted to go monochromatic with the card and struggled a bit to come up with the design. 
I also knew that I wanted to go with my Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters for the flower embellishment.  I first stamped the flowers using my metallic silver Brilliance ink.  Then I used the window method to die cut my flowers using my Sidekick.  A great picture tutorial is located here.  Then, I simply glued the layers of flowers together (two small asters and one medium aster) with my Crystal Accents.  Once finished, I added some glitter to the centers and along the petals (delicate work considering how slender these petals are). 

The frame is cut from my Cricut Picturesque cart using white cardstock.  I was looking for a way to bring it up off the card a bit and the metallic silver Brilliance ink added just the right aged look that enhanced the frame design.  The smaller picture captures a little of the real life look, though none of my pictures here are particularly good.  The sentiment was stamped using my Tilted Banner Sayings and the Brilliance ink.  These sentiments have really come in handy since I picked them up during the Patterned Play card class earlier this year.  A little bit of vintage seam binding ribbon and this card is done.

Inside I wished the happy couple a good life.  I'm waxing nostalgic myself as I have a milestone wedding anniversary coming soon.  Couple this with my parents 40th wedding anniversary and I am feeling very positive about the state of marriage.  I suppose, tis the season!


3 comments:

  1. WOW Andie, what a beautiful card. I love love those asters, they are stunning! The white on white makes for a very elegant card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The monochromatic colors are so elegant. I love the flowers and the dimension they add!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!! Love white on white! Very elegant!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Also, if you have time, please Make a Card for Maddy! And there is a fab Giveaway too!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?