Background

Sunday, May 5, 2013

That's How We Roll




I had mentioned in previous posts that Brandy and I recently attended the CK Scrapbook Convention in Mesa, AZ.  I wanted to send a card that expressed my gratitude and enjoyment of the weekend.  Inspired by our Heartfelt Creations classes, I whipped out my Posy dies and cut some of the scraps from the MME The Sweetest Thing- Tangerine paper pack I picked up at the convention.  The flower center is made from the smallest flower  and all flowers are shaped using the Heartfelt Creations stylus and mat.  I also decided to use my new Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banners stamp and coordinating dies for the sentiment.  This set was featured in my recent online card class, Patterned Play, and was designed by Kristina Werner.  The die cuts out the banner with score lines to fold and tilt the sentiment just right.  Here I decided to only adhere the ends of the sentiment to give some dimension and lift the banner off the page to go with the 3D flowers.


Inside I layered some strips of paper and stamped the posy from the Heartfelt Creations stamp set using my Ripe Persimmons Distress Ink.  All papers are edged with this same ink. 

I already sent this little gem to Brandy with a handwritten note inside.  Best friends are simply precious and I don't tell her enough.  Mark one in the "let her know" column.

I've entered this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Happy Mail challenge.   I think this totally qualifies.  Go ahead, make a card and join the fun!

Word Art Wednesday- Challenge #78 Anything Goes challenge.  

Andie

3 comments:

  1. I love your paper flowers - they turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing this precious card in our challenge this week, Andie. It's just SO sweet.
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the papers you have used - and those flowers are so pretty!! Great layout and love the inside. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?