Background

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary


Today is my mom and dad's 40th wedding anniversary.  What an astounding accomplishment?!  I thought I might celebrate this ruby anniversary with a card.  Knowing that this anniversary is very special, I've been trying to design a card all week and had many near misses, nothing seemed to work with my vision.  This morning I thought I would try it with some scraps of red cardstock.  This simple result worked for me.


The flowers are made using my Heartfelt Creations Posy stamps and dies.  It's hard to tell in these photos, but I stamped the flowers with Versamark ink creating a watermark look and then cut them using the dies.  After shaping the flowers, I individually applied glitter to the edges of the flowers and then glued them together in layers.  This allowed me to be able to place glitter only on the edges of the flower.  The flourish comes from the Spellbinders Floral Flourishes.  The trick here was selecting the right green so that this didn't look like a Christmas card!  The sentiment was printed on the white cardstock using my printer.  Once again, I used text boxes to selectively place each word to create the sentiment.

The inside sentiment was also printed using my printer.  Everything came together and I now have just the right card to give.

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

Andie

I've entered this card into the Simon Says Stamp: Flower Power challenge.  Come join the fun!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Gorgeous flowers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and love love the flowers - I really do like how you do those centres. Wonderful font for your sentiment too:-) TFS and congrats to your Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love those pretty flowers!! Very elegant card!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?