Background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Card Camp Week 3

Time for another card for summer card camp.  I sure can say that I enjoyed working with this color scheme this week.  I've made many different card embellishments, though they haven't translated into different cards yet.  Here's my Live All the days of Your Life card:

 

Cardstock Card: Cream, untextured cardstock and glossy white paper
Patterned Paper: Unknown- they're from the Stash and probably have been around for ages.
Fiber:  Rich red felt rick rack
Ink: Distress Ink- Vintage Photo, Colorbok- Chestnut Brown
Glimmer Mist: Sunshine Yellow, Chocolate Covered Cherries, Chocolate
Stamp Set: Close to My Heart
Dies:  Cricut Picturesque
 
 
I actually used one of Kristina's techniques- fingerinking on the die cut embellishment.  The technique is simple in that you press an ink pad onto a craft mat (my Ranger girl, Brandy, gave me one like this) and spray a tiny bit of water creating a type of watercolor ink.  Then, you use your fingers and dab the mixture on the paper.  I also used Glimmer Mist for the same process layering on color to create this rich color.  I simply sprayed the mist onto the craft mat, didn't add water, and used the resulting mixture just like the stamp pad ink.  I tried a couple of times to create a lighter, more varied result and in the end chose this version I fussed over with quite a few layers of color.  I will confess my poor picture taking skills doesn't do this card justice.  Fingerinking is a new trick that I intend to use over and over again.
 
Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?