Background

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Card Camp- Week 2

This week's card camp colors are definately a challenge to me.  I'm not a fan of the color orange and it's variants.  So, this means that I am being forced to stretch outside of my comfort zone.  I guess that is why most of us go to camp- the unusual experience outside of our everyday.  So, I wade in confident that I can rise to the challenge and combine the colors to create something to be proud of.   






I have been playing with the idea of using tissue paper.  Many of the trendy new card ideas incorporate tissue paper.  I went to the Stash to see what patterned papers and/or cardstock that I had to match the color combos.  I came up with slim pickings so I went to the tissue paper mini-Stash.  Sure enough I had the colors I wanted.  I loved the look of these little circle flowers that I decided to go very minimalist and make the flowers the center of attention. 

Cardstock Card: White, untextured cardstock
Tissue Paper: Cream, Orange, Pink, Green with polka dots and lime green
Dies:  Quickutz stem and leaf and Sunshine Alphabet H and I

1 comment:

  1. You made a great card, for someone who doesn't really like the colors for the challenge. I like the tissue paper flowers.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?