Background

Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh Say Can You See

I was trolling around on the internet- specifically Paper Crafts Connections, the Paper Crafts magazine blog- and I saw this really cool stamp.  The stamp comes from Stamping Up, their Land of the Free stamp.  I was immediately inspired.  I can't say specifically why I am so inspired by the American flag, but I do have a history of collecting these type of sentiments.  I don't particularly enjoy red and blue combinations, they certainly don't belong in my home which has deep emerald green carpet throughout.  However, several years ago I made a "scrappy" quilt with a flag theme.

When we found this St. Bernard print, we just couldn't leave it behind.  So, many who know me won't exactly be surprised when they see the cards I made using my new stamp.  I so liked the clean look of the stamp, I chose to go with a very simple design.  As soon as I saw these fabulous BoBunny papers from their Liberty collection, I knew I had the cards I wanted to make. 


I'm still figuring out the stamping process with two different colors, but I can say that the stamp satisfies in that way that only good scrapbooking supplies can.  In addition to my use of a couple of the cards, I've decided to donate the remainder of my cards to a couple of worthy groups.  First, our local church has a lady who collects handmade cards for local nursing homes and retirement villages.  The residents use the cards for their correspondence and I get the pleasure of making the card (i.e., justifying my Stash)- everybody wins!  It's a great place to purpose the cards I make since I don't always have a use for them myself.  Secondly, I've decided to sign up to participate in a blog hop through Paper Crafts Connections in order to once again support Operation Write Home.  Several of these cards will be sent to them for distribution to troops oversees.  If you make cards in quantities higher than you know what to do with, this is a great group of people and a purpose for those cards.  There are a few guidelines to follow; click here to read. 

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?