Background

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas Greetings


This card is my original card design selected last year (!) when I received the Papertrey Ink Winter Village stamp and die set for a birthday present.  Distress Oxide inks were new to the market and I really wanted to see how I could use them to blend a night sky scene with snowy hills and yellow lit windows.  As you may have noticed with my gifts created earlier in the month and shared in this post, this post and this post, I have been unduly inspired with this stamp and die set.

The inks here are Papertrey as well and pattern after this card design.   

Ultimately, I made around 32 of these cards, masking with a die cut piece of cardstock/double sided 3M sticky note and using my ink blending tool.  I alternated between a more blue background (Faded Jeans as above) and one with more purple (Seedless Preserves in this second card) chosing to highlight with Cracked Pistachio in both. 

The brown ink ultimately showed some difference in shading when stamped over the Distress Ink so I used a white Signo pen to add show to the tree limbs and fence posts.  In some cards, as above, I used a yellow colored pencil to shade the windows.  Others I left plain.

This was a pretty labor intensive effort which my MISTI helped immensely in reducing.  I'm ever so pleased with the final product and had great joy in sending them out to family and friends earlier this week.

I hope this post finds you having finished all your holiday crafting or nearly so. 

Happy Christmas preparations!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?