Background

Sunday, November 26, 2017

All is Calm, All is Bright


Whew!  It has been a whirlwind of family celebrations for the Thanksgiving holiday.  We also squeezed into the long weekend a birthday celebration for my daughter Katie.  Here I find myself at the end of the long weekend - content, tired and having enjoyed myself. 

I had shared that I made my mother some cards for her birthday.  I've finally edited the photos and am sharing here.

I made these cards using my Papertrey Ink Winter Village stamp and die set.  We live in sunny, warm Arizona.  It was record highs in the high 80s all week.  We don't have a white Christmas unless you count the blinding white light of the noonday sun.  So, I thought it might be fun to create these cards which imply a cold winter day.  My mom's favorite color is blue, so I used several shades her.  I super love how the houses turned out and am sure that I will make more cards with this stamp and die set for the season since the stamps and dies are out on the workbench. 

I've seen some of the Christmas creations you are all up to out there.  Keep the inspiration coming. 


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?