Background

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Thank You Card Set


I picked up a few Rubbernecker watercolor layering stamps recently.  These are so simple to use and make such wonderful creations.  This first set of cards was made using Distress Inks and the Wildflowers in the Breeze stamp set.  I used watercolor paper as the base and applied a light brush stroke to the background in Hickory Smoke and Shaded Lilac.  This soft background is perfect to highlight the focal image of the flowers.

The leaves were stamped with a combination of Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters while the flowers include Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Shaded Lilac.  I couldn't find a good match for  the coordinating strips so I super saturated a left over strip of watercolor paper with Shaded Lilac - ink pad directly to the paper and quickly sprinkled clear embossing powder over the color.  When I heated the powder,this rich, shiny color emerged.  Perfect.  The shiny made me want to pair it with something glittery.  I had some silver, glitter embossing powder and used more scraps to create a glitter paper using Embossing ink.  I trimmed these pieces to make small strips to edge my image.

All in all, I'm so pleased that I'm going to make some more of these for gifts. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful and love that water colour. So glad for the inspiration! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I just got this tamp set and have used it several time. I set up an assembly line and did 6 cards in a row.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?