Background

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Arianna Blooms for the Bathroom Decorations


I was futzing around this weekend, attempting to decorate my extra bath.  I had purchased a wall hanging and the space just seemed to call out for something extra.  I decided to make up these flowers to decorate.  I used black Archival Ink and white pigment ink to stamp using my Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms stamp and then cut out using the coordinating die.  I used a deep purple and a light lilac cardstock base for each.  Some of the centers are a ball of Art Institue black glitter which is ever so sparkly and some are black die cut centers from the coordinating die set.




I then cut these swirls out of black, sticky backed vinyl with my Cricut.  I used a bit of transfer paper to position them onto the painted wall.  We then hung them on the wall and the plaque with some re-positionable glue dots.  As usual, I made a bunch extra that I didn't use.  Now the question is whether I save them assuming that the humidity natural to the bathroom will make them age prenaturally or do I use up those extras knowing I can always make more if the need arises.  It is such a tough decision!  Guess I'll keep them for a short time, judge the replacement timing and then use those extras up.

What home projects have you been working on lately?  Any way to incorporate your crafting into the decorations?


2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and wonderful idea. Those flowers are gorgeous! Use them up, as you say, you can always make more :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?