Background

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Monochromatic Card Set


I picked up a new stamp a while ago.  This  sentiment was just so pretty I knew I had to create some cards with in.  I picked some monochromatic cream and white patterned paper out of the stash to see what I could create.  The result is a set of four cards (half of which are pictured here).  I was able to find four matching pieces- two from each pattern.

The pictures do not actually do the cards justice imho.  I've highlighted some of the shading in the card with a glitter pen.  The edges glisten in person.  The sentiment is stamped in coffee Archival Ink.  I used water to create the crinkle effect in the vintage seam binding finally tying a bow and adhering with a glue dot.  The stick pins were just hanging around the house, so I thought originally that they might look like the stamen of the flowers.  Not sure that worked like I expected, but I'm pleased with the result.

Not bad and I can say I actually used my new stamp and some of the paper stash.  Yeah me!

Andie

2 comments:

  1. Andie these are so pretty, I love the papers and how use positioned the bow and the pins. Beautiful sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?