Background

Monday, June 11, 2012

Alcohol Ink Graduation Cards




I made these two graduation cards for a couple of close friend's children who graduated this year. Cards made for boys are difficult for me. I am not a CAS designer, per se. As such, keeping it simple and useful for male subjects can be troublesome. I turned to my handy, dandy Creative Chemistry 101 class and created these alcohol agates as backgrounds. From there I simply used my Archival Ink and clear emboss powder to enhance the stamped images, making them pop off the page, but not in a showy or flashy way. I ended up using the left over alcohol ink on my blending tool to lightly change the color of the edge of these cream cardstock cards.  Some did bleed through, so I might not do that next time, but the effect was lovely.  These cards are extremely difficult to photograph (at least for me) in a way that accurately displays the final look. Even so, I like the final result. I hope the recipients do too (though I suspect they enjoy the gift inside to greater effect, don't you?).


Andie

1 comment:

  1. I love the effect you have got with these cards. They are great - TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?