Background

Monday, March 26, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101- Alcohol Ink Agates

I am most assuredly enjoying the Creative Chemistry class.  One of the lessons included two techniques I didn't have the supplies for- Archival Resist and Stamping with Reflections.  I actually placed an online order for the Ranger Archival Ink, but the shipment hasn't yet arrived.  This means that creating resist images with Archival Ink and then using Distress Re-inkers as watercolor tools for coloring the image is beyond my supply capabilities.  Additionally, Tim shared some tips for using the Reflections stamps from Stampers Anonymous.  Hey- I can't own everything, can I?

What I did have the supplies for was the Alcohol Ink Agates.  This technique uses the Ink Blending Tool and alcohol inks to create a multicolored surface- basically making your own background paper.  The paper used is glossy cardstock.  I used multiple colors (more than 5 for each and up to 11 for the darker purple version) of alcohol inks and rubbing alcohol for the technique.  You can find similar instruction searching Google, though I have to admit that the class video is very personal and casual.  Here's the three tags created during my practicing:




The first tag produced the brightest background.  I used four different medallion stamps to create the black stamped images.

















The next tag ended up being my favorite.  This has to do with the rich green background.  The stamped image is a square medallion stamp repeated over the surface.



The last tag is what I would term a fail.  The colored background is pretty enough and I was surprised at the yellow color that came out using the Vintage Photo Distress Ink pad to highlight the edges.




This is a technique that I have exercised before.  Even so, I still like the style and the shiny result.  I hope you are enjoying the techniques and the results. too!

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?