Background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101- Stained Kraft Resist Technique

I had seen Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper. As much as I liked the idea, I couldn't figure out what I would do with it.  The darkness of the Kraft paper base.  The lack of standout with the resist.  What was this all about?  Of couse, Day 5 of the class provided some clues as Tim instructed us in the use of Distress Stains.  His technique involved using Picket Fence Distress Stain.  Picket Fence is an opaque pigment ink and provides as solid base upon which to build color using the Distress Stains.  Now, I spent the better part of this weekend looking around town trying to find me some Picket Fence Distress Stain.  Since none was to be found,  I went ahead to give it a try without the white opaque. 






















The results are quite dark.  But, they are unique and I thought these birdy stamps would make a nice result and I think they did.  You can see where the second  tag was made upside down (the resist numbers run the wrong way).

Still the technique resulted in a cute and fun product.  Now, off to find me some Picket Fence.

Andie 



2 comments:

  1. They are dark, but gorgeous!The contrast with the varnish is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish- Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I'll give it another go.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?