Background

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101- Layered Misting Technique with Distress Ink Re-inkers

This technique involved filling a Mini-Mister with some of the Distress Re-Inker and water and using the resulting sprays much like a Glimmer Mist.  Here's the results of my effort.


The idea is that a mist of color is put down in the background and a mask/stencil is used to spray a color over the top.  Again, my limited color selection really kept me from doing this technique well.  The darker colors bleed and blend (you know- the fabulous part about the Distress Inks).  Still, the nondescript part of the background makes it unique. 


I just might have to practice this one some more to perfect the technique.  I've used the Glimmer Mist for other projects and have enjoyed their result.  This seems much the same and therein lies the attraction. 





Andie

2 comments:

  1. Hi, you left a comment on my class tag and I wanted to say thank you. You are doing good work and my impression is that you are taking your time and learning more as a result. I didn't have the supplies for this one but your tags really compel me to buy a re-inker and try this. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling having limited supplies - but you've done a great job with what you have. My limited colours have led me to do colour combinations I wouldn't normally do, and I'm pleased and surprised at the results.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?