Background

Saturday, October 3, 2020

A Set of No Line Watercolored Christmas Cards



I've been making some Christmas cards over the past few weeks and didn't want to start sharing too early.  This means that we might be Christmas heavy over the next couple of months as I share my creations.  I'm beginning with one of my favorites.  I have been intimidated by the no line watercoloring trend for a while.  It isn't that I exactly thought I couldn't do it, more like I wondered if I could do it well.  I decided to overcome my reticence and made these cards using the SSS Winter Flowers stamp set.  The card fronts are colored with my Mission Gold watercolors.  Some were too heavy handed, but most just have that variation that makes watercoloring most beautiful.  


The sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink Year of Psalms stamp set in gold heat embossing.  I found this the perfect accent for these cards.  The card base was ink blended with Distress Oxide ink to make the perfect background for my panels.



This entire set was fun to create.  I've got more to share in the coming days.  October is almost here which means Christmas is close and then these cards will be put to good use.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?