Background

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Ginny's Coloring Book


A friend of mine has a granddaughter, Ginny, who is just the age for coloring books.  I thought this handmade coloring book made using my Gorjuss stamps was just the thing.  I used some very old rub on letters to title this book and a matching tag embellishment from the patterned paper set.


Each page has some Bristol paper where I stamped the Gorjuss girl stamps.  Bristol paper behaves well with many different media, including colored pencils and crayons.  


My thought was that Ginny might want to imagine each girl's story and have her mom help to write that story, including her name, in the opposing page.  This is why I stamped a journaling frame on some pages.


I also used a patterned paper set that was in the stash.  I've previously mentioned that I intended to use up some of the stash and this is one example of how I've dreamed up getting these pretty papers together to give away.






I decided to use book rings to bind the project.  This way Ginny and her mom could remove the page to color it flat and then return the page to the book.  The front and back cover are covered in this fantastic faux wood paneling paper.  The perfect finish to this adorably simple book.

What are some creative ways you've thought up to use your patterned papers.  There's definitely a trend toward making your own patterned paper through stamping, but I just can't forget the beautiful papers that are waiting to be used in the stash.  Go, put them to use!

I'm going to enter this into the City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #319 - The Book of Love challenge.  Come join the fun.


4 comments:

  1. This is one awesome book of LOVE, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Andie, what a lovely way to use up your paper stash. I love how you have created this coloring book, great use of the stamps too. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving your lovely comments. Hugs, Rupa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of a book of love; this is the ultimate take on our theme. Such a lovely idea to create a colouring book. Once all is coloured and stories are written it will be a keepsake. I just LOVE this. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB! Good to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea and such a beautiful gift! I love it Andie! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?