Saturday, July 23, 2016
Cards from Handpainting Panels
I can't say I'm overly enthusiastic with these card fronts on their own. I attempted to paint some abstract rose images and these are my feeble attempts. I decided to finish them off by ding the background with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink. I was surprised at how the background helped with my vision of the panel. Also, I trimmed down the panels to fit onto these colored A2 card fronts and that really helped as well. Finally, I added a simple sentiment and I thought these could actually be used as abstract art.
On this last card, the background went a little dark. I also accidentally trimmed the panel too small. Oh well, I simply created a sentiment flag and colored with my Prima Oil Pastels. I think it worked and I would say I'm proud of these cards and the final result.