Background

Thursday, January 1, 2015

A 2015 Calendar Gift for the New Year



I'm hoping this finds you all happy and well satisfied with your New Year celebrations.  I took the past week off to work through the weekend.  I need to catch up on posts of Christmas gifts which were completed in the week before Christmas.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

This project is my annual present to my grandmother.  My grandfather turned 90 years old this year- however the advancing of the years makes these gifts more and more special.  Grap a cuppa and sit down for this picture heavy post.


The calendar is a Basic Grey kit.  At the risk of creating shopping competition, I'll let you know that I've purchased this kit for the past three years at Embellish It's online store.  They still have the 2015 kit for sale.  The instructions are easy to follow and result in a very beautiful project.



I used my Distress Inks to edge quite a few of the pages, here I used Vintage Photo to distress the edges of the chipboard pieces.






I added some of my own embellishments for a few of the pages.  Here I added pearl pieces to the butterflies.  Here also I added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



I make two different calendars- one for my grandma and one for me. Our May included a picture of our Jilly.   We had to put our beloved Saint down in June.  She was the happiest dog we've ever owned and so it seemed like she belonged on this page with the tag- Life is Good.  Feeling poorly (Jilly had an autoimmune disease and we treated her illness throughout her life) or feeling great, Jilly always would have told you Life is Good!




This kit is so full that I often have many extras that find their way on cards in the new year.  I am hopeful that I might have the grace to make this gift for my grandparents one more year.  May God continue to grant us the gift of their health in 2015!  I'm looking forward to the new year and the opportunity to visit my blog friends, watching all your exploits.

Happy New Year!!


2 comments:

  1. A very Happy new year to you! Your creation is just fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous calender. What wonderful photos and memories and beautiful gift! Wishing you and your family a very Happy, healthy New Year 2015. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?