Background

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I Thought of You Today Card


Time has been very precious lately.  End of the school year rush to complete homework, schedule SAT and ACT testing, prom tuxedo renting... I go on not because my increasingly independent children need anyone to help them through these activities but because I can feel time slipping away where I won't be able to claim busyness created by children.  When did that happen!!!???!!

Since the work trip, I've not fully gotten my mojo back.  This card might have been just what I was looking for in the mojo-infusion department.  Here's the details:

  • The background is created using a light blue cardstock embossed with a Darice embossing folder.
  • The card base and the matting are from the same piece of textured brown cardstock.  
  • The patterned paper comes from the Stampin' Up Attic Boutique collection that was sitting on my craft table.  I've a few brown ink fingerprints on that patterned paper, did you see them?  I'll call them charming and unexpected.  I distressed the edge with my Tim Holtz Distress Tool.
  • The border was created with a new die from Memory Box.
  • The flower was first stamped with my Tattered Blossom stamps and then cut with the coordinating dies.  Wow, does that stamp and die make a fabulous flower?  I then dropped some Crystal Accents on the flower and sprinkled Krystallos Shard Glass.  This stuff creates a really sparkly result in person.  Just the right finishing touch.
  •  The butterflies came from my Purple Cow CraftGeek Pin It tool.  This tool works like a stapler, but with small shaped embellishments.  It seems to work, though I'm still figuring out how to use them to best effect.

The inside of the card needed a little treatment because one can't write on brown cardstock.  I used a piece of coordinating patterned paper from the Stampin' Up Attic Boutique collection and a piece of cream cardstock.  The small flower was made with the same cardstock as the one on the front of the card.

All in all, I'm pleased with the result.  This card will go into the stash, waiting for that perfect moment to send a word of encouragement to someone.

Don't forget that I've posted a comment party for some blog candy.  Please click through the link, read about my great fortune that, in the end, I am hoping will result in a small fortunate event for you.  All you have to do is follow my blog and comment to win!

Hope your day is special, I thought of you today!


3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful and fun, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. Love that flower and how your turned over the little corner by the pearls. I still have yet to stamp and die cut those flowers. Just used the die so far. Hope you are well. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colors and your flowers are always my favorite! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?