Background

Friday, February 7, 2014

Butterfly Wishes- A Happy Birthday Card


I'm still catching up on my posts of cards made during a post-Christmas creativity spree.  I thought about one big post with lots of pictures, but the photo editing required seemed too daunting and the details seemed to time consuming.  Here's the details for this card:

  • The frame was fussy cut out of a piece of the patterned paper from my Prima Madeline paper pad.  
  • The butterflies were cut from a different piece of the patterned paper used as a background.  I layered the fussy cut butterflies and folded the wings to create a 3D effect.
  • I've forgotten the manufacturer of the floral swirl cut from green cardstock.
  • The sentiment was stamped in brown Archival Ink using a Fiskars cling stamp.  I used my Spellbinders die to cut the sentiment frame.  A little Vintage Photo Distress Ink to edge all the pieces and a few pearl accents to add a piece of class.
On the inside, I stamped a short sentiment.  I'm really pleased with how the card turned out- just a bit of paper piecing but a nice card I'll be glad to send out to a friend.


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card - I love the papers and the teeny tiny butterflies. Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet as always!!!

    Sending love from Frankfurt Airport!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! You are rocking that Prima paper! Love the rounded corners, just makes the card look even more soft & feminine. Plus those butterflies and pearls make it even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, I might need to buy that Prima paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?