Background

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Floral Happy Birthday


I'm loving my Prima Madeline paper pad right now.  The papers have such bold patterns with classic colors that really inspired my creativity. This lovely went to Dan's sister for her birthday.  Here's the details for this card:

  • The sentiment frame was cut using my Spellbinders die from a piece of the Prima Madeline paper.  I taped it down to get just the right frame.  The sentiment was stamped using Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give it a slightly lighter color given the dark matted frame behind.  The frame is raised from the background frame using foam squares.
  • The flowers were cut from patterned paper using my Vintage Floret dies.
  • Several floral elements were  cut from brown and green cardstock scraps.
  • The background is a combination of fussy cut and die cut.  The patterned paper I selected had a frame that I fussy cut out the inside.  A separate frame was cut die cut with my Spellbinders Labels-Seventeen die using a matching script patterned paper.  I slid this frame behind the left side of the fussy cut and in front of the right side. 

On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from my Heartfelt Expressions stamp set and placed a circle die cut with mismatched patterns.  I'm really pleased with the final result and I think Joanne really liked her card.  Dan's family typically sends funny cards, so she may have felt it a little out of character and missed her brother's humor.  Still, I'm hoping the charm of the card will overcome her disappointment.



I'm entering this card in the following challenges:  Simon Says Stamp Blog Monday Challenge: We Love Stamps because I used two of my favorite sentiment stamps and the Inspiration Journal's February Monthly Challenge because I just love stamping "best wishes" on birthday cards.   I've also linked up with Word Art Wednesday for their Challenge #119: Anything Goes. Come on over and join the fun!



7 comments:

  1. A very beautiful and elegant card and I love those Prima papers, really lovely! Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and love those wonderful papers and how you have highlighted them. I love the little addition to the inside - perfect. I'm sure your sister-in-law loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! This is lovely, and I thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, and I just love so many of the cards on your blog. I just had to become a new follower of your blog, and I really hope you will stop by my blog and follow me as well. It's so nice to find you!
    Sierra
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the fussy cutting! Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Journal this month. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for joining our Inspiration Emporium February Show It With Words Challenge!

    I love brown and pink and red together...lovely combo and pretty card!
    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?