Background

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving Placecards


I'm headed out of town this weekend for the final marching band push with my daughter, Katie.  We'll have a 13+ hour bus ride to Fresno, California on Friday.  They will compete in the Western Band Association's Marching Band Championships.  I actually remember going to this event when I marched in high school -tear.  Before I go, I thought I'd share these place cards I made.

The kraft place card base was cut at 2 inches from my Cricut Thanksgiving Seasonal Cartridge. I first printed the names onto the 8 1/2 x 11 paper using my printer.  I do this by cutting a template from scrap paper.  Then I measure using a ruler and place text boxes in Word in the approximately location.  If you look closely- there is variation (look at Tim's name in the upper left corner vs. Michael's name in the foreground. 

The matching frame was cut from brown cardstock at the same 2 inches from the same cart.

The pumpkins were stamped in brown Archival Ink using my new Denami Designs stamp.  I searched their website and either the stamp is sold out and thus not on the website or I'm a dork and I couldn't find it.   The designs are super cute and easy to color- my kind of stamps.  The pumpkins were colored using a waterbrush and some Rusty Hinge, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain Distress inks.  I fussy cut each pumpkin out and adhered with a piece of foam tape.

Each card was edged with a little Scattered Straw and all is ready for our Thanksgiving feast.  I don't intend to do too much that is fancy for our table.  I found these Pinecone Mushrooms at Cost Plus and couldn't resist a couple for a short (I like to see folks over the table) centerpiece.  Plus, we've not much room so I don't want to take up valuable table space with lots of decoration.  I own the Spode Christmas Tree dinnerware which will go on the table.  Gettin' ready for Christmas...

I'm linking up to the Paper Girls Challenge Blog: Challenge #44: It's Time to Give Thanks.  Come join the fun!

4 comments:

  1. These are such wonderful place cards! Love the pumpkin. Good luck to your daughter and good luck to you for the journey :-) Happy Hump Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the thanksgiving table is going to be so much fun with these lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your Thanksgiving is going to be beautiful! I LOVE your place cards...the frame is perfect & those pumpkins are darling! Wishing you safe travels to Fresno! That is quite a drive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what my family would do if I made them place cards!?! Sooo cute.
    Have fun on the band trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?