Background

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Play All Day Layout #2



This is the second of two posts from our recent Embellish It  Play All Day event.  If you haven't seen the first layout, check it out here.     Yikes- Time is passing quickly.  Today is the State Championships for my daughter's marching band.. exciting stuff. Onto the layout...

This layout was far more along my normal style and tastes.  I pretty much followed the kit example, but made some of the embellishments my own.  Again, a part of what makes the Embellish It kits so great is that they are versitle.










 I really like the large flags- a great design element.  I ended up curling the ends of the flag- they might end up laying flat in the scrapbook, but I like the look and it might end up looking a bit distressed in the process.










As for our afternoon kit, I ended up saving the kit for a another purpose.  You might recognize the paper pad right there in the middle of the picture.  It is none other than Maggie Holmes Signature Collection which is what I'm using for my Hawaii scrapbook.  This card kit was loaded with embellishments and extra supplies.  I just couldn't resist the urge to save and use in that project.  I'm sure I'll make the cards after I've decided that I've gleaned all the goodness I can out of that kit.  Until then, I thought I'd share  so that you'd be able to see the generous kits provided at the Play All Day.  Shelby with Embellish It really does provide value for the cost of the event.  It has become a tradition for Brandy and I to share this day together- set aside for crafting which mostly involves getting Christmas cards together.  If you haven't tried it, we both would highly recommend signing up for a Play All Day near you.


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous fabulous double LO ! Loving all the different papers and fabulous design. WOW look at all that stuff in the kit! Hope the competition went well, and you took lots of fab photos! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun 'Play all day", specially with a dear friend! You did a fabulous job with your LO! I like all the content of the kit. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many goodies to play with! And that double page is great, it does feature one of my fave EP lines though so I might just be drooling a little bit because of that...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?