Background

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Crocheted Crown



One of the ladies at work, Wendy, brought in this delightful hand crocheted crown meant for a baby girls delicate little head.  I was so enamored by the gift I asked (I am telling you there was no begging involved as Wendy consented immediately, but I was prepared...) if I could share pictures with you. Wendy would want me to tell you that this was made by a dear friend.  Can I get a shout out for dear friends?

I'm no crochet pattern maker, but I attempted to record the pattern that was used to make the crown.  Here's my attempt.  Any errors are mine, though you may need to find help locally if something is wrong.  Feel free to ask questions in the comments if you need to.









Crochet Abbreviations Used in This Pattern:


Ch 62.  Turn.

Row 1: Work dc in the 3rd chain from hook.  Work dc into each ch across (60 dc total). ch 4 and turn.

Row 2: dc in second dc.  ch 1 and dc in next dc.  Repeat for all 59 dc across until last dc.  ch 1 and turn.

Row 3: sc in first 3 st.  [3 dc in next st, ch2, 2 dc and 1 hdc in next st, sc in each of next two st]  Repeat across the entire (creates scallop on crown) ending in three sc.  Working along the side of the second row, sc in top of first dc of row 2.  2 sc around the post of the last dc of row 1. Finish off into foundation row ch st. 


Sew two buttons on opposite end.  Use space created by the sc around the row 1 dc post as a button hole to fasten to buttons.  Sew on plastic gems as desired.
 


This delightful headband was also made for the sweatheart.  I didn't get the pattern down for this one.  That crocheted flower is spectacular in person...  I play to try to make one of these myself.  If I get it done, I'll share it here too.





2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?