Background

Monday, July 15, 2013

Mini-book Layouts


Water and I aren't "friends" per se.  I've always (since a young age) had an irrational fear of the water.  As a young girl, I was sent to swim lessons in the Hayfield (midwest town names are so fun, aren't they?), so I could always perform well around water.  I simply hated it though- the kind of hate that is a *mostly* silent, seething hate that others may not be entirely aware of.  Still have an inner voice that feels this way.

These photos in the water are fabulous, but slightly fear inspiring.  "Knuckle under, buddy!", I shout to my inner voice, "This is my kiddo we're looking at."  Since I wasn't actually present for these pictures, my inner voice listens and dies down. 

I much prefer the photos of the girls hanging out.




The blessing of my one irrational fear is that I don't have any inherent reaction to climbing up a vertical wall with a teeny, tiny rope holding you up which is likely manned by the teen counselors at camp.  Wait, maybe that was my inner mama voice....

Katie, like her dad, is game for anything once.  Usually she loves it and then goes back for more and more. 


The archery picture was about a year prior to The Hunger Games frenzy which she is now heavily involved.  I think she's quite proud of this perfectly framed photo.  Our little Katniss.

Still, there's a little bit of the crafter in her.  Needless to say, the mama eventually creeps in there.



The very simple back cover...  I hope you've enjoyed my mini-book trip.  Sorry for the abundance of photos.  Hopefully you might use them to inspire you to get out some old photos, supplies, or projects and finish them up.  That's what I'm most pleased with.  These memories are wrapped up.  Bonus that the pictures have made their way to the blog.  Hooray!

Since green is my favorite color and green played a major role in this book, I've linked one of pages up with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog Challenge:Green.  Come join the fun!




1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful wonderful finish to a fabulous keepsake! Love it and thanks for sharing a bit of life with us :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?