Background

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Heartfelt Creations- Tattered Blossoms


This is the third of three cards from the Heartfelt Creations card class that Brandy and I missed at the CK convention last April.  I think it is late enough in the year to require the "last" modifier.  Where has the time gone?  It seems as though I've had plenty to distract me with work, kids stuff and a prolific card making "season".  I am happy to say that the stash is smaller than when I started the year.  Keep it up and I might actually make a dent.




When I first looked at the card kit, this card was the least appealing to me. The picture in the kit did not do it justice. Also, the shaped flower pot without a structured rectangle to make it uniform- I was just suspicious. Truthfully, this card opens weirdly to me- down and out rather than up and out. However, the finished beauty of the flowers and other accents totally make up for it.








The flowers are the usual- Heartfelt Creations Tattered Blossoms which were pre-stamped/cut for the class. I applied some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink with a Fantastik. After shaping the flowers and layering them, I used the provided Glass Shards Glitter with my Crystal Accents to create the beautiful dimensional embellishment. The centers are made using my Good Earth- Earth Elements. This really pops in person. Everything was edged in Vintage Photo Distress ink and placed as instructed. I'm telling you, if you attend a CK convention near you don't hesitate to sign up for a Heartfelt Creations class. Even if you don't attend, you'll enjoy the cards!

7 comments:

  1. I've seriously loved all your cards from that class! I'm gonna need to check out the Good Earth stuffs, such a cool center. NOT that I need more product, because while we've both been whittling away at our paper stashes my glitters/inks/pens/stencils have multiplied like bunnies. Oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just makes two of us... that and it seems like when I use two pieces of paper in a stack of 1500 pieces that I don't miss the two.....define "whittle away" :)

      Delete
    2. You made me worried that I'd misused the phrase! Soooo, the geek that I am I *did* look it up and here's your definition from http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/whittle

      whittle something down also whittle something away
      to gradually reduce or destroy something By halftime our team's lead had been whittled down to only two points. College is so expensive, after two years, my college fund has been whittled away to almost nothing.
      Usage notes: also used in the form whittle away at something: Over the past year, we've whittled away at our debts.

      So pretty much exactly what you just described with the paper stacks. ;)

      Delete
    3. If you're a geek, I might be the first original geek. Guess I should have ended my reply with

      ....see definition: whittle away

      I love it! Now, off to plan my next tools purchase. Heartfelt Creations has a new leaf die/stamp set that my eye just keeps wandering to. Was there a mention about multiplication like bunnies!?!

      Delete
    4. You're so goofy. I'm off to check their website to see if they're near me at all. I only have two dies for my Big Kick... only 2, such a shame to think about (until you remember I have an electronic die cutter. ;)

      Delete
  2. WOW - what a gorgeous card. Do you know if Heartfelt Creations sell their stuff in the craft stores in the US. I am going to the US at the end of the month and would love to pick up some of these dies and stamp sets. Those flowers are stunning and I love love the flower pot - although I too would probably think about opening it the other way :-)

    TFS and have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karon- Just a quick note because I replied through email and wanted to leave a comment here on the blog for others to find. I've only purchased Heartfelt Creations at the CK Scrapbook Conventions and online. I've not seen them in my LSS or Joanns/Michaels. However, their website does have a store locator function (which yields no results near me).

      http://www.heartfeltcreations.us/retailers?view=storesearch

      I'll apologize now for the infection, however, the blog is called Contagiously Crafty. You're hereby warned!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?