Background

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Word Art Wednesday- Challenge #76


 I thought I'd join the fun over at Word Art Wednesday again this week.  This is in part because I was playing around with my new Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters stamps and dies.  This week's challenge (#76) featured the Bible verse for inspiration.  You can post anything- it doesn't have to use the Bible verse.  I just thought that it worked with my flowers and this paper.

The asters were first stamped onto a scrap of light blue non-textured cardstock using black archival ink.  After taping the die to a scrap piece of cardstock, I ran the die through my machine leaving the die taped to the scrap and creating a window for die placement.  Each flower was individually cut out by taping the cardstock window to my stamped flower and running through my die cut machine. The flowers were then shaped.  Using my Heartfelt Creations mat, I pressed the stylus into the backside of the flower petal (approximately the middle of the flower).  The flower ends up looking a little like a dead spider (the only kind of "good" spider to me since they totally creep me out!).  I then flipped the flower over and rolled my stylus around the base of the petals at the center of the flower.  Each flower was made with 2 large flowers, two middle sized flowers and two small flowers.  The flowers were placed on the card front using my Crystal Accents.  Glitter was applied to Crystal Accents at the centers and randomly on the petals of the flower.



The inside was decorated with a piece of coordinating patterned paper edged in the Ripe Persimmons and Vintage Photo Distress Inks, just like the sentiment.  One random little aster was glued to the corner and some more Crystal Accents and glitter applied. 








This was a pretty easy card to put together after I made the flowers (I made up a batch of them in various colors on Sunday).  It was pretty easy and fun.  Check out Word Art Wednesday and specifically their Challenge #76.  It's fun to play along.

Andie

3 comments:

  1. OMGoodness - loving these asters!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andie, The papers and flowers were made for each other.What a beautiful card.
    Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful work and we appreciate you taking time to join us.
    Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are amazing, and your card is just delightful. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and share your talents with us and play along. You have used this week's word art so beautifully, and I want to really thank you for playing along. You are such a blessing to me!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?