Background

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Miss You Gift


I am currently making the transition from working outside the home to working as a full time wife and mother.  This is an adjustment.  One that I am perfectly fine making, mind you.  However, an adjustment nevertheless.  One of the difficult adjustments is not seeing those wonderful ladies who made each day just a little brighter.  I had the pleasure of working with two of them that made a significant impact on me, Jan and Melissa.  So, recently I made this simple card to send with a few muffins to let them both know I was thinking about them and missing them.  The flower comes from a set of Petaloo flowers I picked up cheap somewhere.  The tag is cut from Cricut's Accent Essentials and stamped with coffee brown Archival Ink.  I  am currently nursing a batch of Friendship bread.  I wrapped up these chocolate/chocolate chip muffins made from the starter.  I am not a big fan of the straight friendship bread recipe, but I have enjoyed making cornbread muffins, these chocolate versions, vanilla with chocolate chips, pumpkin chocolate chip, and many more.  I thought this small token would let both Jan and Melissa know how much I appreciate them and think of them even now when we don't see each other every day.  Plus, it was a lot of fun to put together too!

Andie





1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful person you are - such a thoughtful idea and I love your tag. Hope you have a wonderful week:-) Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?