Background

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Card


Just a quick post to share a birthday card I made using some scraps from a paper pack.  The card base is simply a piece of cream cardstock that has been enhanced with Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Inks using my ink blending tool.  The base is finished by stamping some swirls using brown Archival Ink.  The brown woodgrain is some washi-type tape I won at the last crop I attended with Brandy at our LSS.   I believe the Happy Birthday stamp comes from a Fiskars set, but I'm not completely sure and the background was treated in a manner similar to the card base, I just pushed the colors a little darker to make the sentiment stand out.  The flower was made following Tim Holtz's tissue tape flower  video.  After I hot glued the flower I applied some magenta chalk ink to the tape to create the vivid color and plopped a pearl bead smack in the center.  I really like how this turned out.  I was able to sort of mass product a few of these that I could use in the coming weeks.

My daughter turns 14 years old today.  There's a reason to celebrate!  Happy Birthday, Katie, my darling dear.

Thanks again for looking.

Andie

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Andie - that is gorgeous. I love the background paper you have made and that flower is beautiful.. Happy birthday to your daughter, my daughter Shannon turns 14 tomorrow:-) Small world:-) Have a great rest of the week. Hugs, Karon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?