Background

Friday, August 26, 2011

Tink says Happy Birthday

Thought I should also share with you the Tinkerbell card I made for my niece, Mackenzie's third birthday.  This card went with the tutu I made and discussed in a previous post.  My daughter, Katie, has previously made a set of the Tinkerbell and Friends images from the Cricut cart.  I remembered that the tough part was the eyes and I can say that this time, I found the exact same result. 

 I started by cutting out each of the layers for the piece.  The black shadow image and the white blackout image are the basis for the construction of my Tinkerbell. 
Her dress was cut out of green cardstock and I used my Xyron 510 to layer adhesive down to adhere green Recollections glitter and make the dress sparkly



Here's the final result:


I used a bit of white flocking to make Tinkerbell's puffball on her shoe.  This looks much more impressive in person.  Once more I lack the photo generation skills necessary to accurately represent the finished product.  The whole eyes and lips process on these layered images really identify my serious lack of artistic talent.  I managed to end at a result that wasn't entirely embarrassing.  Note to self, do some work on the web looking for hints on creating/drawing eyes, eyelashes and lips...  I'll get right on that!
 In the end, I decided to place Tinkerbell on a rocker base and adhere some magnets to the back.  This way Kenzie can remove Tink from the rocker and leave her on the refrigerator for however long she would like.

Nieces are nice to have and definitely bring out the creative in me.  Happy Birthday, Mackenzie.



Auntie Andie 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?