Background

Friday, August 23, 2019

Simon Says Artist Trading Cards


Brandy and I decided to join Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge Artist Trading Cards.  It was so much fun to join MayMay's ATC challenge in May that we thought we'd enjoy this challenge as well.  You can find the MayMay challenge Brandy's Arizona ATCs, Brandy's Watercolor Poppies ATCAndie's Gorjuss Girls ATC, and Andie's Wild and Free ATCs.  My ATC cards utilize some border dies that I have which I then watercolored to create a soft background for this small, pretty bloom from my Waffle Flower Bouquet Builder 3 stamp set.  I watercolor washed the flowers and then accentuated the coloring with Polychromos pencils, a black gel pen and a white Signo pen to add depth and dimension.





I thought I'd like this yellow and pink version best, but I actually enjoyed the multi-colored version.  This pink one is being sent to my daughter who starts her junior year of college on Monday.  She needed a bit of encouragement and her favorite color is pink.  This'll do!


I'm linking these cards up to the SSS Monday challenge Artist Trading Cards.  I'll be back tomorrow morning with Brandy's cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?