Background

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Celebrating 94 Years!


My grandfather turned 94 earlier this month and I needed a special card for the occasion.  I shared that my grandmother, his wife for 72 years, passed away in early August.  The loss is fresh and raw and birthdays aren't much of a celebration.  Still, 94 years is important to mark and finding happy is possible when you have the perspective of almost a century of life.  I used my Art Impressions Windows to the World stamp since the sentiment seemed the most appropriate:

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  Psalm 91:1



My handwritten sentiment expressed an understanding of the tension that exists now (and probably for the rest of his life) between celebration/happiness and his keen sense of loss.  When he opened the card, he looked at me and we both knew.... knew that the card hit just the right "note".  Exactly the reason that I make cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?