Background

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

A Last Set of Encouraging Notecards


For this last set of cards, I decided to try out a technique recently shared by Jennifer McGuire on her You Tube channel.  I used a similar technique - laying down oxide ink onto the background and then using the same ink and a background stamp to intensify the color.  I ended up stamping the background ink multiple times to ensure a solid stamp and difference in color.  Then I used a foam blending pad and my Ink Blending Tool to apply a very thin layer of Micro Glaze to the top of the paper.  This is the same product as the Distress Micro Glaze, just made by Judykins.  I stamped the sentiment using my Mama Elephant's Hello Friend Wishes stamp set to create a striking contrast before adding the Micro Glaze.

On the inside, simple, encouraging sentiments.






After my coworkers wrote their notes of encouragement, I selected an assortment of magazines, movies, books of games, a mug with Zen tea, an aroma therapy candle, a branded water bottle from our company, a soft pillow for head/back and the cards all tucked behind to be read at his leisure.

We delivered the basket of well wishes to him and expressed our wish for his speedy recovery.  I'm sure it warmed his heart and encouraged his soul, which was the point.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?