Background

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Happy Birthday Mabel


Today I'm stopping by to share the card I made my grandmother to celebrate her 91st birthday.  Navy blue is her favorite color and I couldn't resist making it the centerpiece for this card.  Also, a little gold embellishment never hurt either. 

The peonies are white heat embossed onto watercolor paper and I used my Mission Gold watercolors to add color the paper.  I was real pleased with how these turned out.  I found some greenery pieces from the stash and used my SSS Stitched Rectangles dies to make a white frame.  The sentiment is gold embossed - on the outside and on the inside.  I mixed two different sentiment stamps to make this inside sentiment.  She really is fabulous and I super hope that she feels special today, her actual birthday.

I scheduled this post as I am currently in the process of hosting a dinner celebration at my house.  It's getting late for my grandma, so we'll be wrapping up soon - which means she won't get a peek at her card before she opens it.

Happy Birthday, Grandma.  I love you so.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?