Background

Saturday, March 24, 2018

City Crafter Challenge - M is for Monogram and Golden Birthday Celebrations


I'm joining the fun over at City Crafter Challenge Blog since Brandy is hosting this week's challenge.  If you haven't joined the challenge - Brandy has sponsored the challenge by offering blog candy, but more on that in a minute.

This card was made at the request of my grandma for my cousin's daughter, Mabel.  Mabel is named after my grandma and she celebrated her 18th birthday on the 18th - a golden birthday celebration.  It is a special occasion and I wanted to give my grandma something extra special to share with Mabel and mark the occasion.


You'll notice the prominence of gold in the design of each frame in this multi-framed card.


The star of the show is the Concord and 9th Monogram stamps.  I borrowed Brandy's set to make this card - she shares graciously!  On each monogram I gold embossed one element and used my Papertrey Ink for all colors.





A gold embossed sentiment on the back, noting that the pearl accents were a must in this color scheme.  Here's a photo of the final, finished card.


I'm going to link this card up over at the City Crafter Challenge this week.  The City Crafters were willing to allow Brandy to host this week's challenge and offer some blog candy to the winner of the challenge.  One person will be gifted an "A is for Awesome" Concord and 9th monogram stamp for joining in the fun.



Head on over to check out the challenge M is for Monogram over at the City Crafter Challenge Blog.


As an extra special treat, Brandy and I will be giving away one set of the Concord and 9th monogram stamp set (same as above) and the coordinating dies to one of you who comment on our blog during any post this week.  Comment on each blog post and becoming a follower for extra chances to win!  We'll pull a name as a random selection for all comments made before midnight MST March 26th.  Wishing you a win at either the City Crafter Challenge and/or here at Contagiously Crafty!

Since they are celebrating Concord and 9th's birthday over at the Time Out Challenge blog, I'm linking up to their challenge, Challenge #105 Our 4th Birthday.

Lastly, I decided to link up to Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesday - March post


7 comments:

  1. I love sending cards, and I wish I was creative to make pretty ones like yours. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us. Each of the design is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andie! Your Monogram cards are so pretty. Such a creative set, isn't it? Thanks for stopping by and saying hello on my blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card with so many pretty details! This has taken a while to make and I love all your effort. Beautiful color scheme too. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really Fantastic project! I just got home from Tokyo and miss the first part of fun, catching up now! : ) And thanks to you and Brady for co-hosting the challenge at CCCB this week! Also fun to do something together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind words Andie! I do appreciate it and now it time for me to reciprocate! And trust it is not a stretch complimenting your work. So creative and diverse. I will have to peruse your blog a bit more later but for now I am astonished by your monogram card.. Love the colors, composition, and its overall feel. Your color choices are divine I am so glad you found me and now I am your new stalker. Take care and looking forward to seeing more of your art.
    Cyber Hugs,
    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the name Mabel as I saw on a tv programme years ago that it stands for 'Mothers always bring extra love'. This is absolutely gorgeous and I'm in love with the soft colours you used. Its so beautifully made and you can see how much love you put into it with all the details. Thank you so much for sharing with us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a special and beautiful card for such a mile stone! I bet she loved it and Grandma was proud to present it to her!
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?