Background

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Watercoloring Peonies Buds


I had previously stamped some of these Peony buds onto Bristol cardstock and kept them in the stash for a fun coloring day.  No masking, just strategic stamping.

Ultimately, I decided to play with my Mission Gold watercolors.  I layered up the colors, eliminating blooms as I went (not all, but some) and intensifying the color.  That means that I spent several hours coloring this image as I let the paint dry between layers.


I'm not as happy with this yellow as I think it ended up being very flat in color and appearance.  Still, I enjoyed the process and learned as I went.

I also am not fully content with the chunky glitter frames on either card - I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and in the end I think they take away from the delicate nature of the flowers and the watercoloring of the image.

Live and learn - I need to take more chances creatively than I usually do.  For that, I'm pleased with how these both turned out.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?