Sunday, February 19, 2017
Wall Hangings More Than a Year in the Making
In 2015, I spied a Pinterest idea and made some pastel paper flowers with a thought to make some wall hangings for my office at work. I shared the flowers that I made in this post. I changed jobs since then and my new job moved our offices (1 mile closer to home!) recently. I decided that getting this project done needed to be a priority. So, I'm sharing the flowers with you today.
I die cut plain white cardstock with my Arianna Blooms die and then water colored the flowers with Worn Lipstick, Faded Lilac and Peacock Feathers Distress ink. After shaping the flowers, I used a lollypop stick that I stuck through a hole cut in the center of the flower. Using floral tape, I wrapped the bottom of the flower down the lollypop stick to create the stem. I poured a fair bit of Crystal Accents in the center over the step and covered with the Heart of Gold prills.
The wood plaques were purchased on sale from Michaels and I stained them with some mahogany stain I had on hand to match the furniture in my office. Here's what it looks like alongside a picture of the spot where my husband asked me to marry him almost 26 years ago...
This project was a long time finishing, but well worth the effort. Maybe I can be an encouragement to get those projects completed. I'm certainly glad that I get to look at these every day. They make me smile and brighten my office.
I'm linking this project up with Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge, Fantastic Florals and Word Art Wednesday's Weeks #270/271 - Anything Goes and since I took this "old" flowers and finally made them new, I'm going to link up to the City Crafter Challenge Blog's Old Stuff, New Look challenge.