Background

Friday, December 2, 2016

Oh Holy Night!


Sooooo, I found this ever so cute Christmas stamp...  this is how conversations between Brandy and I start.  Far too frequently!!!  In this case, it is me having picked up Art Impressions latest stamp - Nativity stamp set.  This set comes with the dies to create a tri-fold card.  Here's my attempt at creating this card.  Photography wasn't hyper great, forgive me.


I used my Intense Watercolor Pencils to color the image - mostly taking a watercolor brush to the pencils and then coloring the image as if it was watercolor paint.  This allowed the soft image with little chance of blooms - a sure fire technique to look good at watercoloring.



I'm really pleased with this set - it is so adorable with that little baby Jesus peeking out from the inside of the card.  I adhered the Bristol cardstock tri-fold (made exactly how the package instructions prescribed) to a kraft card base which I had glued shut.  This gave the card extra sturdyness while also creating the aesthetic I was looking for.  I really love the cards and have already stamped and cut a set.  I'm going to work on watercoloring the set and then I'll have a gift set for the holidays.  Yay!

How about you?  It's officially December now, clocks ticking.  Are you ticking off those to-do items from your crafty list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?