Background

Monday, December 5, 2016

Away In A Manger - A Watercolor Card Set


As mentioned last week, I'd used my Art Impressions Nativity stamp and die set to create a set of tri-fold cards.  Here's the finished labor.  I, once again, used my Intense Watercolor Pencils to color the image,  In this case, I usually wet my watercolor brush and dabbed it onto the pencils to pick up color.  Then, I colored the image as if the brush was full of watercolor paint.  This technique creates a soft image with little chance of blooms - a sure fire technique to look good at watercoloring.  I really followed the example provided in the product packaging to color the image.


I simply love the inside of the card - It's such a sweet sentiment and image.  Couldn't get over how adorable this stamp set is.



I stopped myself after creating a set of six images - making the total 7 cards made since my sample card was also made.  The original sample opened to the left and these duplicates, I made to open to the right - which is more standard for cards.  I can see more coloring in the future, but I'd better get moving on a few other projects before finishing up any other Christmas cards.  Quite a lot of crafting planned for the next two weeks so I'm a busy little crafter.

Hope your week is going well and that you've completed all your to-dos this week.


2 comments:

  1. Your naitivity cards are jaw dropping gorgeous; I love the muted colours and your watercolouring is perfect. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?