Background

Friday, August 12, 2016

A Very Yellow Hello


I had made up a second yellow flower using my Alteew Peony stamp set when testing out a sympathy card design a couple of weeks ago.  This version did not utilize the no line watercoloring technique, instead being watercolored using my Mission Gold watercolors after stamping the image in Archival black ink.  This version seemed to "harsh" for my sympathy card.  I set this version aside on the craft table (my kitchen table which I've almost completely absconded with since my children are rarely both home for dinner).  I decided to finishe this image into a card and this it the result.  I stamped the diagonal stripes onto a card front in Archival black ink.  There's a slight mismatch on the lower right corner - could have been better, but I think it is't so noticeable.  I used my SSS Stitched Rectangles die to cut the flower out as a top layer mat.  A piece of very light grid patterned paper acts as a nice frame along with some white cardstock smeared with Hicory Smoke Distress Ink which acts as a lovely thin frame.

All in all, a nice notecard to send to brighten someone's day.  I really am enjoying the Altenew stamp set.  If you haven't given them a try, I'd suggest to do so.


1 comment:

  1. Just one flower and it's a beauty. I love the way you "framed" it. Chic and elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?