Background

Monday, August 17, 2015

More Watercoloring Fun




I just couldn't help myself.  I kept up the watercoloring.  I had to find something to keep the card set fresh, so these are all made with patterned paper and a little stitched rectangles sentiment.



The papers are from an assortment of paper pads- I tried to match the Distress Ink color to the patterns in the paper or at least coordinate a bit.






My least favorite- look at the stem here- not good on the coloring.  Still, it is kinda a fabulous match to that background paper.  Maybe it saves the card, yes?!



This last one might be my favorite.  Yellow is not typically high on my appeal list, but the background paper, the offset with the blue- it all works for me.  This was so much fun, I'm looking around for additional watercolor techniques.  Don't forget to check out Kristina Werner who inspired this card set if you are interested in using this technique.

I'm linking this up to The Ribbon Girl Blog challenge August Colour Challenge- Pink, Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge - Citrus With a Twist, and Word Art Wednesday's Challenge#196 - AnythingGoes/Family.  Come join the fun.



5 comments:

  1. All the DP is very pretty and your flowers are outstanding in their beauty. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 196th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love it when you play with watercolors, they are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful cards! You did a wonderful job with your paintings. Each one is lovely. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It was a pleasure visiting your blog today. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! These are all incredible! I love the simplicity of the flower against the patterned paper! WONDERFUL! I have a couple of new flowers and will have to give this a go! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?